We sometimes think that people who have long eyelashes have beautiful eyes. Eyelashes frame the eyes and can seem so alluring. Beyond beauty, eyelashes actually protect the eyes, keeping foreign objects from entering and infecting the eye. It must be one reason why some of us ogle at people with long eyelashes (even for hours at risk of being a stalker). But let it be a secret no more. All it takes is for a few natural tricks and no surgery.
1. Do Not Pull On Them Too Hard- this is especially true when you use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. The same thing goes for when you groom your lashes with just a slight brush. Remember that the roots are delicate and do avoid rubbing your eyes. If you push the curler too hard, you will break your lashes and it will take some time for them to re-grow, you also won’t be too happy with your eye makeup.
2. Take It All Off! When you apply mascara, be sure to take it all off at the end of the day. Use some makeup remover or wipes that can gently take off all your mascara. The stiffness will be too heavy on your lashes and can break them. Pat on your lids and be careful not to pull or rub. While applying mascara, you can also remove the clumps when it is still wet and comb through your lashes.
3. Read That Expiry Date-For all your eye makeup, be mindful of the expiry date. A logo on your packaging will be able to indicate how long you can use your eye makeup for, usually 12-24 months. Getting rid of old makeup keeps you safe from bacteria and other eye infections. You should be able to replace your mascara every three to six months at most. If you think it is quite expensive, you will see that it is actually cheaper compared to medical bills later on.
4. Eyelash Conditioners- Have you tried eyelash conditioners? They are also referred to as serums and can lengthen your lashes. Just like the hair, eyelashes can benefit from some loving. Some conditioners can do wonders at night when applied in a thin layer and can help strengthen and moisturize the lashes. Visible effects can be seen in a few weeks.
5. False Lashes, Anyone?- Finally there are false eyelashes. Applied with some glue on the lids, they blend well together with your lashes and add that extra oomph to your look. Popularized by celebrities, false eyelashes don’t have to be expensive and can be safely added or removed.
People with long eyelashes are usually admired because it is considered attractive. Now you can lengthen and strengthen them without having to spend a large sum. You can easily pull it off with these techniques and look like you’ve had beautiful, natural eyelashes all the time.