There’s a lot of confusion in people’s minds when they have to choose between yoga and cardio. What if we say that you can now find serenity and weight loss at the same time? Well, let our fitness experts answer this question for you in this article.
Did you know? 180-360 calories can burn per hour, depending upon which yoga you’re practising. Yoga is something that anybody can easily do that!
1. Chaturanga Dandasana – Plank pose
Chaturangadandasana is one of the ideal asanas that help in strengthening your core areas. It carries immense benefits. When you do this plank pose, you will feel a sense of intensity in your abdominal muscles.
- Keep your body straight in a plank position.
- Do not let your buttocks remain up in the air. Keep it in a wood-like position.
- Try continuing this pose until your shoulders come at the same height similar top your elbows.
2. Virabhadrasana – Warrior pose
To tone your thighs and shoulders together, you need to focus on creating a warrior kind of a pose. The longer you are able to hold that pose, the better and faster results will be achieved in no time. The Warrior pose helps in toning your flat belly and will contract your abdominal muscles.
- You need to stand straight, now stretch your legs apart back and forth.
- Try bending the front leg as parallel to the other on the floor.
- You may switch the sides and repeat this process until you feel the satisfaction.
3. Trikonasana – Triangle pose
It helps in digestion and reduces the unnecessary body and belly fat. It also helps in keeping a check on the blood circulation of the entire body. In addition to this, it expands your concentration.
- Make sure that you are standing straight with your legs widened sideways.
- Now it is the time to stretch yourself down and hands touching to the same feet.
- The upper hand must face the ceiling along with your eyes. Try holding this pose for about 5 to 6 seconds and then release.
- Repeat the entire pose on the other side.
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward dog pose
It helps in toning the entire body. It focuses attention on a few specific muscle areas.
- You need to lie straight on your stomach on the mat.
- Now, try making a small mountain by lifting your body in the air.
- Try holding this for a few seconds. This will put a strain on your belly point.
- Return back and repeat.
5. Sarvangasana – Shoulder Stand
This is one of the best yoga asanas to improve digestion. It comes with multiple benefits and is also well known for boosting your metabolism. It also keeps a check on your thyroid levels and sleeping patterns.
- Get into the savasana pose, bring your feet together and place your hand sideways.
- Try bringing your legs closer to your chest and lift your lower body gradually.
- Try holding the post at least for 10 seconds.
- Fold your legs from the knees and rest.
6. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana – Bridge pose
It is one of the easiest asanas that focus on your glutes, thyroid muscles, and helps you with weight loss. The Bridge pose or Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana reduces back muscles or back pain.
- Place your hands parallel to the body.
- Lift your body up in the air.
- Push your pelvis area along with the lower back and feet.
- Now try touching your chin to the chest without moving your head.
7. Parivrtta Utkatasana – Twisted Chair pose
Here is the yoga version of your infamous squats! The Parivrtta Utkatasana is a bit intense and helps in toning up your abdominal muscles. It works hard on your glutes. This is best for enhancing your lymph and digestive system.
- Keep your feet and the knee close to each other.
- Lift your hips a slight upward and bring your palms closer in a ‘namaste’ position.
- You can now twist your chest and the shoulders towards the right side.
- Place that on the external side with the help of your left elbow, and you’re good to go!
8. Dhanurasana – Bow pose
One of the most effective ways to lose that extra paunch on your belly. The bow pose or the Dhanurasana massage your abdominal organs. It works on your digestion system and gives strength to your chest, thighs, and backside. It also improves the blood circulation in your body.
- Lie down in a corpse body position and keep your feet a bit apart, as it should remain parallel to your hips.
- You can place your arms on the sides of your body.
- Try folding your knees slowly and you can hold your ankles with the help of your hands.
- Now take a deep breath and try lifting your chest off the base area. You can now pull your legs back and stretch them out.
9. Surya Namaskara – Sun Salutation
Sun Salutation helps with a great metabolism. It stretches and tones all your muscles, arms, and stimulates the digestive system.
- Stand straight and take a deep breath by lifting your arms overhead.
- Try bending forward and exhale out.
- Now try holding your feet back to the plank pose for 5 full breathes.
- Try exhaling and then relax afterward.
10. Purvottanasana – Upward Plank Pose
It stresses on your arms, spine, wrists, back, shoulders, and fortified muscles. A great pose for attaining a healthy respiratory system.
- Stretch and straighten your legs. Make sure that your fingers are pointing towards the feet.
- You can take the help of your feet and rise up gradually.
- You can pull the head back when you raise up.
With this, we conclude our top 10 list of yoga for weight loss. If you strictly create a regime and adhere to these yoga poses, we can assure you change in your weight journey. Would you consider this endeavour of a fit life ahead?
Let us know what are your thoughts on the same in the comment section down below.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Clair (see all)
- Yoga for Weight Loss - July 27, 2020
- What’s Turning Your Inner Thighs and Underarms Dark? - March 9, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Deep Blackheads and Clogged Pores? - December 14, 2018