- 1 Idol Tan Review: Official Version
- 2 Idol Tan Sunless Tanner: Personal Review
- 3 Customer Reviews on Idol Tan Sunless Tanning
In earlier 70’s people used to tan their skin by baking in the sun. Then they began to realize that it is damaging their skin and is turning to cancer. Hence, they switched to “artificial tanning” also known as sunless tanning.
Of course, it isn’t that much easy to get a perfect tan with artificial tanning solutions. Different formulas work for different skin tones and its types. By the way, it more depends on your color preference too. By this I mean the specific tan color you wish to get.
There are plenty of sunless self-tanning products in the market, all claiming to be the better than the best. And one of them is Idol Tan.
If you have come across an advertisement for this product and desire to get a natural and appealing tanned skin, then this review would surely benefit you.
Idol Tan Review: Official Version
What is Idol Tan?
Idol Tan is a high-quality self-tanning product that gives an attractive and natural bronze color to your skin. It is well known for its “Quick tanning” formula, which tans the skin in no time. Idol Tan is easy to apply at home. At least, you don’t have to wait for hours just to achieve a nice sun-kissed glow. It is available in different forms:
1) Self Tanning Foam with Pump
2) Self Tanning Gel (Not available now)
Let’s see what the company claims for:
- Gives a healthy appearance to the skin
- Dries fast and last long
- Provides natural color to skin
- Act as a moisturizer too
How Idol Tan Works?
Idol Tan is a possible solution to your skin tone issues. According to the company claims, the product provides a stunning look to your body. The gel/foam it serves is pretty effective to blend into your skin and turns into golden bronze color.
The product is formulated with a color additive. This agent when comes in contact with the skin, reacts with dead cells in the skin’s surface. Hence results in a temporarily darker skin.
It’s excellent formula is made with all essential ingredients and, is free from all harmful substances which could harm the skin. Here we provide the list of all essential ingredients which helps give a natural and attractive shade to your skin.
Water (Aqua), Methyl Propanediol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dihydroxyacetone, Hydroxethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Polysorbate 20, Lactic Acid.
How do they work?
However, not all these ingredients actively turn the skin tone. Some of them are moisturizers, some are preservatives and some are color additives. Every ingredient performs a specific task in this self-tanner which is as follows:
- Dihydroxyacetone: This is the key ingredient used in this product. As a color additive, it darkens the skin by reacting with amino acids on the skin’s surface. Hence, it helps produce a more natural-looking tan to the skin.
- Methyl Propanediol: It helps in penetration of other ingredients deep into the skin.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: It is mainly used as a lubricant. This is due to its unique fluidity property that makes it easily spreadable.
- Hydroxethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl & Taurate Copolymer: When these two ingredients are mixed together, becomes a powerful emulsifying agent.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: This ingredient is well known to combat signs of aging and prevents skin sagging.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide: It is a blend of several fatty and amino acids. It provides a hydrating burst of moisture to the skin and gives a revitalizing effect.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: It is a skin conditioning agent that keeps the skin firm and makes it glossy.
How to use Idol Tan Self Tanning Foam
Mostly, people do not follow the correct directions and then blame for an uneven color spread. For a perfect tanning, you need to follow these easy steps. Thus, you’ll never get steaks, patches on the skin while tanning.
- Be sure you apply the foam on a clean and dry skin.
- Apply the gel/foam all over the body
- Let it dry for some time
- Wash your hands after application
- You need to apply it for 2-3 days in a week.
- The solution is pretty dark, so I’d suggest wearing latex gloves before use.
- If you are at home, follow the directions carefully
- While applying, be sure the solution does not get into your eyes and nose.
- Some may show an allergic reaction to it, so it’s better if you firstly try it only a small patch of skin.
Idol Tan Sunless Tanner: Personal Review
Pros & Cons
- Safe Tan: It darkens your skin without causing any harm to it.
- Easy to Use: The gel/foam is easy to use, takes few minute to apply. You get a natural tan color without any hassles.
- Affordable: Rather than splurging on saloons, you get professional results at home and that for an affordable cost.
- No Stains: The very big plus of using its gel is, it do not stain the clothes.
- Moisturizer: It also acts as a skin moisturizer. This keeps the skin smooth and firm.
- Pleasant odor: You’ll defiantly love its smell. At least, like other self-tanners, it’s not stinky.
- FDA approved: The product is approved by Food and Drug Administration.
- Too much dark: Be careful, you may go too dark and make your skin look dirty.
- Short-term Results: It will temporarily tan you and get wash off after 2-3 days.
- Itching: Sunless tanners sometimes results in irritations on the skin. It may cause itchy rashes.
Are there any side effects?
These topical sunless tanners are generally considered safe alternatives to sunbathing. But as the product contains some ingredients, so may show some side effects too. These side effects also vary person to person. It may be safe for you, or you may get it, all depends on the type of your skin.
You may possibly get some skin rashes on its first use. This is due to the allergic reactions caused by some specific ingredients. So, I suggest you, check the ingredients first, if you are allergic to any cosmetic drug.
Caution: Overuse of the product may harm the skin.
Is it effective?
Before I get into other reviews, let me tell you the answer is, YES!!!
The boom of self-tanning is going wide spread. Everyone is willing for a tanned body to get an appealing look. Like many other products available in the market, Idol Tan also provides a natural tan you want. It is the safest known product to get a gorgeous tan. To verify, you can check its reviews below.
Idol Tan is one of my favorite self-tanners! It exclusively produces a beautiful “natural looking” shade of bronze, which most of the people look for. Secondly, the self-tan takes effect in about 2-3 hours and lasts for about 2-3 days, which isn’t too bad for these types of products.
Idol Tan really impresses me. Its lasting golden bronze color is a huge plus in my eyes. Moreover, it goes on easily and dries quickly. Hence, you don’t have to splurge on saloons as it really easy to use at home.
The product is launched recently. For this reason, you might not get many Amazon reviews for this product online. But, you can check other marketing websites for this. Finally, choose wisely so that you never have to regret back!
According to other online reviews, the product is a temporary solution to tan a body. This self-tanner is easy to use at home and also proves to be waterproof.
When can you expect results?
You don’t have to wait for a long. It is a Quick Tan formula that shows instant results. Effects can be observed after approx three hours after application. The session is too small but the effects last long.
The ideal place to buy the product is from their official website. Idol Tan Self Tanning Foam is available at an affordable price of $45 on their official website. Unfortunately, the company doesn’t provide any extra offer nor does offer any free trial pack. Check the Latest Offers on Idol Tan Here.
Else, you can buy it from Amazon at its best price.
Idol Tan is overall meant to instantly simulate a tan without any UV exposure. It not only tans the skin but also moisturizes it. Moreover, the solution is water resistant. Hence, you can go for swimming after you get tanned. Another advantage you get is you can save the saloon charges. Apply it yourself at home and get professional results at home.
Tips to use Idol Tan for longer effects:
- Remove all your dead skin by waxing or shaving, before the self-tanner goes on.
- Take some tanning lotion in your hands after wearing your gloves.
- Slather the foam all over the body.
- Once you’ve applied your self-tanner, keep the skin hydrated to make it last for long.
- If you notice any unwanted dark patch, apply baby oil to it and then scrub the skin using an exfoliator and hot water.
Customer Reviews on Idol Tan Sunless Tanning
Please do let us know about your experience with Idol Tan. Your unbiased review will surely help us all. If you have any questions you can ask in the comment section below.