1. The number one rule to consider when taking care of your oily skin in summer is to be extra gentle with your skin– if you use harsh cleansers and scrubs to remove the oil, the skin is going to counteract the loss by producing more oil and you really don’t want that. So, to avoid over cleansing and stripping of the skin you need to choose gentle and natural products and pay attention on how you use them to avoid any irritation (avoid washcloths as they are a bit harsh on the skin). Look for ingredients like Aloe Vera to moisturize and repair skin and Salicylic Acid to mattify and keep your skin pores clear.
2. It is very important to keep your skin moisturized so you don’t end up with dryness or even more oily skin. Keep in mind that your regular heavy moisturizer you use on winter is not suitable for your skin during the hot summer months. The ideal product for you is something that will provide hydration, SPF protection and maybe some coverage all together (e.g BB cream or regular tinted moisturizer). Sunblock is vital for both skin protection from the sun and keeping shiny/oily skin under control.
3. Also it’s best to avoid heavy make-up as it will look unnatural and it can block your pores- a light tinted moisturizer with an SPF, lipbalm and clear mascara is enough to show off your naturally beauty and keep your skin happy at the same time.
4. Another very important tip is that you have to take care of your skin from the inside out– Always make sure you drink 8 glasses of water (preferably spring) and eat 4-5 portions of fruits and veggies (e.g. carrot sticks, spinach and cantaloupe) daily to keep your skin nourished and well hydrated. Avoid heavy, saucy and spicy foods are these may cause dryness, inflammation and more oily skin in the long run.
Lastly, in cases where your skin looks like an oily mess, use a blotting paper and a touch of translucent powder to decrease oiliness and mattify the skin for a few hours.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Marina Andreas (see all)
- These Home Remedies Will Help Remove Acne Scars Fast - July 20, 2016
- 8 Natural Anti Aging Remedies You Can’t Do Without - December 27, 2015
- Anti Aging Creams with Matrixyl 3000 - August 11, 2015