What is causing your thighs and underarms to turn dark?
There are many causes behind the dark underarms and inner thighs:
1. Shaving: Frequent use of razors to remove unwanted hair on the underarms causes friction on the skin. This makes the skin dark.
2. Anti–Perspirants: The excessive use of deodorants tends to burn the skin and gives it a dark appearance.
3. Aging: Skin darkening on inner thighs may be the reason of aging which causes pigmentation on several parts of the body.
4. Pregnancy: Changes in hormones that take place during pregnancy also results in darkening of the skin. The Hormonal disruptions affect the production of melanin in the skin and cause dark skin.
5. Obesity: Skin darkening is a result of the rubbing of skin layers against each other. This causes skin darkening in obese people.
How to get rid of dark thighs and underarms?
You can take help of natural methods to treat dark thighs and underarms. Get yourself examined by a doctor before any procedure.
1. Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar acts brilliantly on the dark skin. It has bleaching properties which lighten up any skin discolorations. It also has antibacterial properties.
2. Lemon juice:
Lemon juice is a kind of natural bleach which helps you to remove tan or dark patches on the skin. Take a lemon and rub it on the affected area. Lemon juice is a natural source of Vitamin C, which helps in repairing damaged cells in the skin and improves its appearance.
Cucumber is again a great remedy for treating dark underarms and thighs. Cut a cucumber into thin slices and rub them on the affected part. Another way is to blend cucumber paste with turmeric powder and apply on the underarms and inner thighs.
Sandalwood is a wonderful remedy for treating blemishes and discoloration on the skin. Blend half a cup of sandalwood powder with rose-water to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your inner thighs and underarms to lighten the skin. It’s a natural skin lightener, combats inflammation, calms irritated skin and soothes itching.
5. Raw potato extract:
Raw potato has incredible skin lightening ability which gives your skin a radiant appearance. Peel and grate one medium-sized potato and squeeze it to obtain the juice. Apply the potato juice on dark underarms or inner thighs to lighten them.
6. Honey scrub:
Honey is extremely beneficial for skin health as it has skin bleaching properties. Mix a tablespoon of honey with lemon juice and a half teaspoon sugar. Stir the mixture well and use it as a scrub to get rid of dark skin on underarms and thighs.
7. Baking soda:
Baking soda is a superb remedy to lighten discoloration on the skin. It is a gentle exfoliant that removes the damaged layer of skin to reveal clear skin underneath.
Visit a doctor if you do not meet the desired results from home remedies.
- The market is flooded with skin-lightening creams and ointments. These medications usually contain hydroquinone and kojic acid to lighten the discoloration.
- A chemical peel is a trending method for skin lightening. In this process, a chemical is applied to dissolve and break the bonds of the skin. After this, the upper layer of the skin is peeled off and the fresh skin underneath is revealed.
- Laser treatment is another option for you if you want to treat your condition in a short span of time.
Skin Lightening Products
You can get rid of this skin condition with these skin brightening products given below:
It is enriched with natural ingredients such as Arbutin, Shea butter and Grape seed extract which decrease spots, freckles, light scars and uneven skin tone after just a few weeks.
It fights uneven skin tone, dull skin and age spots that are a very common problem of women usually at a mature age. It is a natural solution packed with powerful ingredients and other herbals for even and bright skin tone, naturally and safely.
It is a skin-whitening and a topical serum that lightens and brightens your skin complexion upon daily application. It works deep into the skin to interrupt and block the production of the dark skin pigment called ‘melanin.’
A skin brightener that decreases the appearance of spots, hyperpigmentation, acne marks and evens out the skin tone. It hydrates and rejuvenates your skin restoring it to its original beauty and youthfulness.
It is a pigment reducing solution from Civant for a blemish-free smooth skin. It works against hyperpigmentation, suntan, melasma, age spots, freckles, acne scars, old scars, birthmarks, underarms, knuckles and uneven skin tones.
How to prevent inner thighs and armpits from turning dark?
Avoid Shaving: Avoid shaving the unwanted hair as the repeated use of razor results in skin darkening. Try waxing instead, it reduces hair growth and removes dead skin cells and unwanted hair.
Avoid Deodorants: Avoid using strong composition deodorants. Try to use antifungal powders or mild composition deodorants. Do not overuse these chemical products on your skin.
Avoid Hair removing creams: Try to avoid or limit the use of hair removal cream. The multiple application of harsh chemicals of the hair removing creams turns the skin dark. Try waxing to remove unwanted hair growth.
Wear loose clothes: Avoid wearing tight clothes in summer. Chafing caused by skin and tight clothes results in skin darkening.
Stay fit: Lose weight as sometimes obesity can be the reason for your dark skin as the friction between skin layers can lead to skin darkening.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Clair (see all)
- Yoga for Weight Loss - July 27, 2020
- What’s Turning Your Inner Thighs and Underarms Dark? - March 9, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Deep Blackheads and Clogged Pores? - December 14, 2018