Best Facial Cleansers for Acne Prone SkinEveryone knows the importance of cleansing your skin, acne or not. But when one gets acne she does become obsessive about it and rightly so. Cleansing your skin regularly is important when you have skin that is prone to acne. Here we have collected a list of "medicated" cleansers which are helpful for acne or acne prone skin.
Dirt and other impurities can trigger acne with increased no. of breakouts. Dirt clogs the pores hence resulting in the formation of acne bursts.
Why to spend time on Choosing the Right One?
Every one thinks that their regular soap or say any other cleanser off the shelf is right for the job. But thats not right. You have to choose the right cleanser which can help with acne. Some cleansers can just be too harsh. Even if they are mild enough then there can be better options for a skin that is so prone to acne.
What to Look For?
- Should Not contain bad alcohol base like Denatured Alcohol. Fatty alcohol like Steryl Alcohol may work
- Should not contain triclosan or or other harsh anti bacterial ingredients
- Should contain active ingredients like Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl peroxide but in prescribed percentage
- Should be strong enough to remove makeup or other creams
Acne cleanser doesn’t only mean Cetaphil!
Includes alpha and beta hydroxyl acids which helps you get rid of the bacteria responsible for acne. There are no Harsh detergents in this facial cleanser and so it provides gentle wash.
- Olive leaf extract
- $15.95 / 4OZ
An advanced ph balanced formula designed “especially for acne prone skin” to remove the dirt and impurities off face. Clinically proven salicylic acid provides relief from acne breakouts.
- Oil Free
- Contains Salicylic Acid
- Contains emollients like: Glycerin
- Prices Start from $22 / 8oz
This is not just a face wash it is also a acne control technology. Deep cleanses the pores and delivers acne fighting ingredients deep into those pores.
- 10% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Contains emollients like glycerin
- Not ideal for very sensitive skin
- Prices from $8.98 / 5oz
An acne and blemish fighting facial cleanse gel that keeps working long after rinsing. Murad calls it, its “time release formula”
- 1.5% Salicylic Acid
- Green Tea Extract as antioxidant
- Menthol for cool fresh feeling
- Free from Parabens and Sulphates
- Offer start from around $19 / 6.75 oz
A gentle daily care formula that helps treat acne and blemishes while keeping skin moisturized.
- Oil free, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic
- Uses soy complex to help improve skin tone
- 0.5% Salicylic Acid & Glycerin emollients
- Priced at $9.20 / 6 oz
Anti-inflammatory and soothing face cleanser that clears face for an acne prone skin.
- 2% Salicylic acid with Glycerin Emollient
- Includes Sulphates
- Pineapple & Papaya Fruit Extract
- Priced at $30.75 / 3 oz
A strong cleanser which foams nicely and deep cleanses the pores off dirt, oil or makeup.
- 2% Salicylic Acid
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate + Fragrance
- Better suited for Oily Skin
- Prices from $19 / 6.7 oz
Clears oil off skin, exfoliates very mildly and treats acne with Salicylic acid.
- 2% Salicylic Acid
- (-) Contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate & Menthol
- (+) Contains Zinc Gluconate & Glycerin emollient
- Priced comfortably. Offers start from $19 / 6.76 oz
Various natural extracts combined with Salicylic acid help this formulation work on existing and acne prone skin.
- + 1% Salicylic Acid
- Aloe vera & Pomegrate extracts among others
- A bit pricey at around $24 + Shipping / 4.2 oz tube
How to wash acne prone skin with cleanser:
There are various steps which must be followed:
- Make sure that your hands are clean.
- Lather up the cleanser and apply over your whole face slowly.
- Now let the hands do an orbital motion of your face.
- Gently tap the face with a towel now to soak the moisture.
- Don’t go fast, handle the face like a cotton ball.
Look for the right Acne creams or acne clearing supplements.