Kohl has always been and probably will remain the hottest eye makeup for centuries. No doubt that the market is filled with so many different products and brands for kohls. Kohl, eyeliner, kajal whatever you like to call it, all of it is one or other variant of the age-old traditional form of soot/oil combination.
There was a time when you didn’t have to worry about the purity of the products. When everything was ‘organic’. But not now. Most kohls/kajals you will find in the shops these days will be chemicals or still worse they will be termed ‘natural’ but mixed with harmful ingredients.
You can never ever be too careful when looking for a product that you apply directly around the eyes. That is why we looked for the best of the best Organic Eye Kohls that can bring the age-old dusky charm to your eyes without the side effects.
What we looked for in these organic eye kohls?
These are the factors we considered and you Must look for as well.
1. Ingredients: All the ingredients used in the organic kohls may not be organic but natural and safe to use. You may find some products in pure organic form also.
Some common ingredients you can find in organic kajals are Almond oil, Beeswax, charcoal made from plants and herbs, Cocoa seed butter, camphor/camphora bark oil, Glycerine, Castor oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, Gooseberry extract, Hazel Extract, Green Tea Extract and Rose Essential Oil.
2. No side effects: Organic ingredients seldom show any side effect. But you must keep an eye on the ingredients if you are allergic to some particular oils. Some products contain almond oil which you need to take care of.
3. Waterproof: Well, some natural kohls can have water resistant properties also. Usually, it is specifically mentioned, whether it is waterproof or not.
4. Should not smudge: In case of Smudging, all organic kohls usually sail in the same boat. Some stick for just 3 hrs while some can survive for 12 hrs too. This is because; they don’t carry chemicals that support its long-lasting effect.
5. Cost: Usually organic kohls are a bit costly, but you’ll find low priced kajals also in the store. You can find the best one, what your pocket allows you to buy.
Top 5 Organic Kohls
Here is the list of top 5 organic kohls that stood out in our test.
5. Biotique Bio Kaajal
- Made in the traditional ayurvedic way
- Soft smoky look
- Long lasting
Ingredients: Blended with pure sesame oil, sweet almond oil and extracts of eclipta alba, indian gooseberry and berberis aristata.
- 100% organically-pure, preservative-free ingredients
- Creamy & smooth
4. Daliia’s Ayurvedic Couture TM Herbal Eyeliner
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Buttery texture
- NO SHARPENER NEEDED(Its too smooth that, it will create its sharp tip itself)
Ingredients: Almond oil, charcoal made from black mustard plant, Cocoa seed butter, Cinnamomum camphora bark oil, Glycerine, Castor oil, coconut oil.
- Easy to use, Easy application, Easy removal
- No irritations
- Glides on the skin effortlessly
3. W3LL PEOPLE – Hypnotist Eyeliner
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Made in the USA
- For Smoky Eye look
- A bit costly
- Blends Easily
- Glides On Like A Cream
- No almond oil
Ingredients: Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Rhus Verniciflica Peel Wax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Jojoba)Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soy Lecithin, [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines CI 77-7, CI 77013, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289
2. Dr. Hauschka Skin Care Eyeliner
- Use of Organically and Biodynamically grown plant oils
- Opthalmologically tested
- Green tea extract
- Stays up throughout the day
- Smooth touch
- No chemicals, No irritations
Ingredients: Key Plant Ingredients: Japan (Rhus succedanea) Wax, Quince Wax, Diatomaceous Earth, Anthyllis extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Green Tea Extract and Rose Essential Oil.
1. LIP INK Natural Liquid Eyeliner
- 100% smear proof, waterproof and ultra-durable
- Made in the USA
- Waxless formula with natural organic ingredients
- Soft, velvety & intense black kajal
- Soothe the eyelids
- Long lasting
Ingredients: Castor Oil, Cellulose, Ethylcellulose, Rosemary Oil, Rosemary Extract, Matricaria Extract, Red Clover Oil, Althea Extract, Oak Bark Extract, Calendula Extract. C
You may also like:
Latest posts by Lisah (see all)
- What Causes Eczema to Flare Up? - June 7, 2018
- How to Treat Hair loss after Menopause - May 15, 2017
- What Is Blepharitis: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments - March 23, 2017