Aging is a natural process every person has to go through. Women, in particular, find it hard to deal with the effects of aging on their appearance. Most women first notice fine lines below the eyes when they hit their thirties. To erase these ugly lines or wrinkles, they resort to a plethora of anti-wrinkle creams, lotions, and eye masks.
These options may show incredible results but using them is not considered safe in the long run as most of these age-defying products are loaded with certain compounds such as AHAs and Parabens which cause more damage to the skin and your health than any of the benefits you might receive from them. Alpha hydroxy acids are a group of amino acids added to anti-wrinkle potions to improve the absorption of nutrients.
Their overuse makes the skin more prone to sun damage as the UV rays are better able to reach the inner layers of the skin. Parabens are generally added as a preservative but their use is linked to an increased risk of developing certain cancers.
Hence, after weighing all the pros and cons of using age-defying masks or potions, it is concluded that taking help of natural procedures is a lot better if you want to achieve a youthful appearance.
Here are some incredible DIY Eye Masks for Wrinkles Around The Eyes.
1.Honey and Coffee Eye Mask:
Honey acts as a wonderful emollient for skin. It is loaded with natural enzymes and skin-friendly nutrients, a Coffee powder is great for lifting tired looking eyes. It helps in firming the tissues on the under eye region to give your eyes a fresh youthful look.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with two teaspoons of coffee powder in a small bowl.
- Using your fingertips spread the mixture evenly below your lower eyelid.
- Wait for fifteen minutes and rinse it off.
2. Turmeric and Coconut Milk Eye Mask:
Coconut milk is packed with lots of age-defying elements like vitamin E, lactic acid and oleic acid which hydrate the skin from within. It repairs the skin to fill out any crevices on its surface. Turmeric is rich in curium which has anti-oxidant properties and helps in banishing the effects of free radicals to keep the skin youthful and glowing.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of turmeric in a tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Take two cotton pads and dip them in the liquid.
- Shake the pads gently to eliminate any extra liquid and place them below your eyes for up to twenty minutes
3. Avocado and Aloe Vera Gel Eye Mask:
Avocados are rich in omega fats and several other vitamins needed for optimum skin health. Aloe vera is known for its intense hydration effects on the skin.
- To make the mask, mash one ripe avocado into a smooth paste and mix it with two teaspoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
- Using your fingertips apply the mask below the eyes and secure it by placing two thin pieces of gauze over the mask.
- Rinse it off after half an hour.
4.Olive Oil and Kiwifruit Eye Mask:
Kiwifruit is a good source of vitamin C. It helps in boosting the collagen production in the skin. Olive oil is an age-old remedy for fixing a range of skin woes because of its dense nutrient content. It contains vitamin E and omega fatty acids. These two maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Mash one ripe kiwifruit and add a teaspoon of olive oil in it.
- Stir the mixture evenly and apply it generously on wrinkle-prone areas around your eyes.
- Wash off after half an hour.
5. Banana and Almond Milk Eye:
Banana Mask is a rich source of magnesium and vitamin A. It is a rich source of water. Almond milk is a good source of vitamins E, A, biotin and omega fats which help improve the texture of the skin. This mask leaves the skin with a smoother appearance.
- Blend half-ripe banana with one tablespoon of almond milk.
- Apply the liquid carefully around the eyes with a brush and let it dry.
- Remember to keep your face still when the mask is drying.
- Wash off after twenty minutes.
6. Parsley and Almond Oil Eye Mask:
Parsley is abundantly supplied with vitamins A, C, B6, magnesium, and zinc which are known to make the skin youthful. Almond oil contains a plethora of age-defying nutrients. A number of anti-aging serum use parsley as a carrier oil.
- Chop a bunch of parsley leaves and grind them to a smooth consistency.
- Add a teaspoon of almond oil and stir it evenly.
- Apply the liquid on your under eye region for up to half an hour every alternate day for a wrinkle-free appearance.
7. Gelatin and Rose Water Eye Mask:
This ingredient works like Botox to your skin. It improves cell regeneration by boosting collagen release within your skin. Rose water has a wonderful cooling effect on your skin.
- Stir a tablespoon of gelatin powder in one tablespoon warm water and one teaspoon rose-water.
- Let the gelatin crystals dissolve into the liquid completely.
- First, let the mixture solidify.
- Apply the mask under your eyes with the help of your fingertips.
- Let the mask remain on your skin till it starts to flake.
8. Egg white and Cilantro Eye Mask:
Egg white is an age-old cure for erasing wrinkles and fine lines from the skin as it contains vitamin A and proteins which help rebuild skin and erase wrinkles. Cilantro is beneficial for firming the skin and removing any discoloration.
- Take a tablespoon of chopped cilantro and grind it into a fine paste.
- Add one egg white and mix well.
- Apply the mask around your lower lid and let it sit for twenty minutes.
9. Spinach and Olive Oil Eye Mask:
This is a wonderful homemade eye mask for wrinkles. many anti-aging skin creams have spinach which is rich in retinol. This agent helps in banishing lines and wrinkles by improving cell turnover rate.
- Grind a bunch of spinach leaves and mix the paste with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply the paste below your eyes twice every week to firm the skin around your eyes.
10. Cocoa Powder and Milk Cream:
Eye Mask Cocoa powder contains caffeine which helps firm up the skin around the eyes. Milk cream helps in filling the wrinkles on the skin by supplying moisture to the skin. Applying cocoa powder mixed in milk cream gives respite from wrinkles around the eyes.
- Blend a teaspoon of milk cream and a teaspoon each of milk and cocoa powder
- Evenly apply the mask around the lower lid
- Wash off after twenty minutes.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Ellie Jones (see all)
- 10 Best DIY Homemade Natural Eye Masks for Wrinkles. - July 17, 2018